As a child of the 80's and 90's a mix tape is something special. Something you create for a friend or "special friend." Making a mix CD is an annual tradition for me. It started in 2011 when I met my future wife. I made a CD for her to "get to know me" a little better. Since then, every February I have made her a CD. This year she had the idea for me to make a CD for her of things we have gone to see over the preceding year (February 2013 - February 2014.) I thought that was a wonderful idea so I set about looking at our Google Calendars and compiling a list. Here is the playlist of songs I compiled. There are a couple of special songs on there. First of all, while we did not see Bob Marley, we did see The Wailers as part of the LP Tour. So I have a CD of Bob Marley's last concert before his death which I used complete that part of the mix CD. I also found some Youtube videos of Fun and Tegan and Sara which I converted to MP3 to include.
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.
Comments
Post a Comment