Skip to main content

Arsenal Win! Comets Lose, Tables Finished, Not Done.

Weekend recap, Arsenal  advance in the FA Cup with a 2-1 win over Liverpool.  Comets lose their Liga de Coats match with all the goals coming in the second half.  The old end tables in the house have been sanded and refinished. Glass should be done this week and then I can finish the new third end table.  Tomorrow, back to work and hopefully Revit in lieu of Autocad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Record Store Day, R.E.M., Vinyl vs. CD

Record Store Day is just around the corner and R.E.M. once again have a special release for the occasion.   They are releasing a vinyl set of both MTV Unplugged appearances from 1991 and 2001.  According to their website , this music has not been released before.  However, I somehow have BOTH of the shows sitting in my CD collection at home.  The 1991 show came to from a local record store that also sold "import" CD's.  While the 2001 show came to me via the internet from some source that had access to the audio from the show.  However, this is the first "official" release.  While I don't think I will be going to Schoolkids , my favorite local record store, to pick up the vinyl, I may go the following day to pick up the CD version.  Which brings me to my next point.  I love to listen to music, but I don't buy vinyl.  I don't own a record player and I don't have room to keep a collection of vinyl.  I think the last, and onl...

Michigan wildlife

It's a little different than what I am accustomed to seeing in North Carolina. Chipmunks, gold finches, black squirrels.  Waiting for the Orioles to show up.

Mix it up

Each February I create a mix CD for Gina.  It has happened every February since I have met her.  This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix.  That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate.  However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's.  The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version.  The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording.  We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend.  It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.