But my ex-wife was. During that time I made many vegetarian meals. One of my favorites was a substitute chicken... cutlet... thing. Recently, my son asked me to make this again as it has been a couple of years since we last had it. So I prepared the same way I did then, which he rarely ate. A little EVOO and balsamic vinegar along with some Italian herb blend I keep on hand. I put it on the grill for a while and served it along with some yellow rice and green beans. Kid loved it!!
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.
Comments
Post a Comment