I listen to music all day at work. I've been listening to music while I work my entire career. It started in high school drafting class. While working our teacher let us put on headphones and draw. Through college and at all of my jobs I have listened to music constantly. I created a playlist on Google Music All Access Music. A monthly subscription is $9.99, but i found very worthwhile. Like any good drug dealer sales person, Google will let you try it free for a month. This playlist is stuff that I listened to growing up. Current track list 121 songs for a total play time of 8:44:13. Perfect for a day of work. Just put it on shuffle and let it go.
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.
Comments
Post a Comment