One of the things that I have been involved in professionally is the Wake Technical Community College Advisory Board. I sit on the board for Architectural Technology. Each spring one of our activities is to review the graduating students final projects. Yesterday was the midterm review. There were three teams and all gave presentations of the progress made thus far. This years project site is a lot in downtown raleigh along Bloodworth Street from East Hargett to East Martin. Students are tasked with creating a mixed use development with retail on the lower level and SRO apartments above. Each team had decided to include a grocery store on the first level since the area is in a food desert. The footprint for each project team was different from the other. The resident amenities were also different for each project. I am looking forward to the final presentation at the end of the semester to see how comments were received and implemented.
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.
Comments
Post a Comment