I mentioned that Sirius XM's Lithium Channel mistake in my last post. It seems that it has occurred once again. This time they played Desire by U2. That was released in 1988's Rattle and Hum. Come on Sirius, put that on First Wave, The Spectrum, 80's on 8. It does not belong on 90's on 9 or Lithium.
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.

Comments
Post a Comment