The way our family works is like this: Gina and I, usually Gina, plan a menu for the week and then make a shopping list. When chicken is on the menu, we usually buy frozen chicken to use later in the week. Sometimes, we will forget to take chicken out of the refrigerator to thaw. This is where the 13 year old comes into play. I sent my son a message to take chicken out to thaw.
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.








Comments
Post a Comment