For the second consecutive Open Cup match, the Railhawks had to play an extra 30 minutes. Fortunately this time penalty kicks were not needed. They defeated a tough LA Galaxy side 1-0 on a goal from substitute Daniel Jackson in the 105th minute. For me, the man of the match was once again Scott Goodwin. Numerous saves are what kept The Railhawks alive to see the 105th minute goal and a fourth round victory. Next up in the Open Cup, FC Dallas at Wake Med Soccer Park July 9th.
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.
Comments
Post a Comment