As mentioned in my last post, Sunday morning I was under the house running some cable so the kids could have a better connection for playing their games on the internet. Gina was inside feeding the cable while I was in the crawlspace pulling. So, 260 feet of cable and all the kids are hooked up. I asked them this morning if they could tell a difference and all but one said they could. I'll take a 75% satisfaction from kids any day. If I could just get that for dinner time...
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.
Comments
Post a Comment