Skip to main content

Another week in the books, should I get extra credit?

Another week has come and gone.  I think I kept up well with the school work.  I am current on all  my classes, though now I have some work to do for the coming week.  I've also been doing some paying work this week, which is good for a change.  Doing some Autocad drafting, not Revit, but it is work. Read this to see my comments about the work.

The kids had their pinewood derby this weekend that was postponed from the previous weekend due to the weather.  This year we had two kids doing the derby.  They both did well, each car doing better than the previous years cars.  Check out a couple of the videos.



Tomorrow is soccer with the fun pickup group.  I hope we have a better turn out than last weeks total of five people.

After that I have some network drops to run in the house.  I'll be going into the crawlspace to run some Cat5e Plenum cable to the four Minecraft junkies computers.  Hopefully having them wired vs. wireless will reduce some of their "lag" issues.  Today I changed the two phone outlets in the kitchen to one network drop.  I wonder if Mr. Robinson will give me extra credit for my NET 110 class?  Thanks Zach for loaning the tools and giving me the cable, RJ45 jack and RJ45 ends for the cable.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mix it up

Each February I create a mix CD for Gina.  It has happened every February since I have met her.  This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix.  That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate.  However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's.  The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version.  The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording.  We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend.  It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.

Warning! Danger! A Guide to Car Dash Symbols

Automobiles are becoming increasingly sophisticated each year.  Our American society can be a very litigious one.  Car manufacturers realize this and in an attempt to keep us safe, and themselves out of the court room, they crowd car instrument panels with warning lights to alert drivers of potential hazards.  Below are just a few symbols and what they mean. This is a new feature on a select few cars.  When this symbol is illuminated, it is alerting you to the fact that the vehicles Rear Thrusters are engaged. While it should be common sense, a car is no place to play.  This is a simple reminder that beachballs should not be tossed about the passenger cabin. Although rare, this is a simple reminder that you are diving one of two conjoined cars.  This task is made more difficult when each vehicle has it's own independent power and/or drivetrain. Many cars now have sensors mounted in the rear of the vehicle.  They are helpfu...

Education is important, proofreading maybe more.

I make no claims to be grammatically correct at all times. I am subject to typos and errors. However, if you are going to send a mass email about EDUCATION, maybe you should  have a couple of people look over a draft before hitting the send button. Below is an email I received today. I will highlight the most obvious errors. Eric – For the last few years, we’ve seen a systematic assault on public education in North Carolina. First, they underfunded and our classrooms and refused to give our best and brightest teachers the pay they deserve. Then they siphoned money away from traditional public schools to unaccountable charter schools, as well as private, religious institutions. Now we’re seeing the next step in their plan: the takeover of public schools by for-profit charter schools. Click here to add your name and urge lawmakers to reject HB 1080, which would allow unaccountable, for-profit charter school operators to take control of traditional public schools. There’s no...