Hi, my name is Eric. I am in my late thirties. I am married, for the second time and this is going much better than the first time. I have two boys and my wife, Gina, also has two boys. They love to play Minecraft. We need more bandwidth. We also have a dog, Maynard, and a cat named Outback. Both of the furry ones are rescues. I suffered a layoff in May. I was working as a building modeler and drafter for a prominent architecture firm. Now I am looking for a new job in the IT field. This past summer I became A+ certified while "interning" for a local IT consulting company. I did some work for the company and they paid for the tests. So I am back in school taking some classes to try to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Well, I know I want to play soccer and listen to music. Those are two of my favorite activities.
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.








Comments
Post a Comment