This year I turned 40. <sarcasm=1>Nearly half a century! As I passed this milestone I started to think of all things I have not yet done and may never get around to.<sarcasm=0> This week My Morning Jacket released the audio of their concert at Red Rocks this year. I remember visiting Red Rocks as part of an office trip several years ago and how much I would enjoy seeing a show there. So I added it to my bucket list. When I told my wife about this wish she informed me I cannot actively work to check items off of my bucket list until all the kids have moved out of the house. At least 8 years from now. So maybe, at the half century mark, we can make our way to Colorado for a concert. Until then, I will have YouTube.
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.
Comments
Post a Comment