Skip to main content

I've Got This Covered

While listening to Gina's R.E.M. mix CD set, I was inspired by William Burroughs version of Star Me Kitten to create a mix of cover songs. Here is the mix that I created. What would you add, change, or delete?

Performing Artist Song Original Artist
U2 Helter Skelter The Beatles
Orgy Blue Monday New Order
Bizarre Love Triangle Frente New Order
R.E.M. Superman The Clique
R.E.M. Pale Blue Eyes The Velvet Underground
R.E.M. King Of The Road Roger Miller
10,000 Maniacs Everyday Is Like Sunday Morrissey
10,000 Maniacs Because The Night Patti Smith
Red Hot Chili Peppers Higher Ground Stevie Wonder
White Stripes Jolene Dolly Parton
Nirvana The Man Who Sold The World David Bowie
Nirvana Where Did You Sleep Last Night Lead Belly *
Jeff Buckley Hallelujah Leonard Cohen
The Sundays Wild Horses The Rolling Stones
Johnny Cash Hurt Nine Inch Nails

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mix it up

Each February I create a mix CD for Gina.  It has happened every February since I have met her.  This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix.  That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate.  However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's.  The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version.  The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording.  We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend.  It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.

Warning! Danger! A Guide to Car Dash Symbols

Automobiles are becoming increasingly sophisticated each year.  Our American society can be a very litigious one.  Car manufacturers realize this and in an attempt to keep us safe, and themselves out of the court room, they crowd car instrument panels with warning lights to alert drivers of potential hazards.  Below are just a few symbols and what they mean. This is a new feature on a select few cars.  When this symbol is illuminated, it is alerting you to the fact that the vehicles Rear Thrusters are engaged. While it should be common sense, a car is no place to play.  This is a simple reminder that beachballs should not be tossed about the passenger cabin. Although rare, this is a simple reminder that you are diving one of two conjoined cars.  This task is made more difficult when each vehicle has it's own independent power and/or drivetrain. Many cars now have sensors mounted in the rear of the vehicle.  They are helpfu...

Education is important, proofreading maybe more.

I make no claims to be grammatically correct at all times. I am subject to typos and errors. However, if you are going to send a mass email about EDUCATION, maybe you should  have a couple of people look over a draft before hitting the send button. Below is an email I received today. I will highlight the most obvious errors. Eric – For the last few years, we’ve seen a systematic assault on public education in North Carolina. First, they underfunded and our classrooms and refused to give our best and brightest teachers the pay they deserve. Then they siphoned money away from traditional public schools to unaccountable charter schools, as well as private, religious institutions. Now we’re seeing the next step in their plan: the takeover of public schools by for-profit charter schools. Click here to add your name and urge lawmakers to reject HB 1080, which would allow unaccountable, for-profit charter school operators to take control of traditional public schools. There’s no...