I would like to thank Santa Claus for bringing my son, Brendan, his
Nerf basketball set Christmas 2010. Without having that in the house I
would not be half the Nerflete I am today. I would like to thank my
step-children, Cameron and Mason, for always playing tight defense (literally
crawling all over me) and making the free throws simple by
comparison. To my wife for giving me “that look” when I am upstairs
playing basketball as if to say “grow up,” I say to you “Nah nah nana
nah nah :P”
Each February I create a mix CD for Gina. It has happened every February since I have met her. This past year she suggested I do an R.E.M. mix. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or my favorite type of chocolate. However, I was able to narrow it down to 47 tracks spanning three CD's. The theme was alternate versions. The first track in the pairing (and one triplet) was the original album or single version. The following songs were either a live version, alternate mix, different vocal track or outtake recording. We had the opportunity to listen to all three CD's this past weekend. It was fun to create the compilation and to explain how the alternate versions were different.
Comments
Post a Comment